What is M.O.P.?
The Modified O’Regan Protocol (M.O.P.) is named for Dr. Sean O’Regan, the pediatric nephrologist who pioneered the regimen in the 1980s and published several studies demonstrating its effectiveness. Dr. Hodges has guided over 10,000 families through M.O.P. and has developed several variations of the regimen.
Dr. Hodges’ latest guidance will be covered in The M.O.P. Anthology 5th Edition, to be published in spring 2023 and written for parents. Prior to the course, participants will receive a .pdf of the book.
Many parents feel more comfortable implementing the regimen with guidance from a health professional. This course will enable professionals to offer that guidance with confidence.
In this Level 2 course, Dr. Hodges will bring health professionals up to speed on the latest M.O.P. guidelines and recommendations. As a big bonus, psychologist Dr. Amanda Arthur-Stanley will discuss how enuresis and encopresis affect family dynamics.
This 5-hour course is aimed at pediatricians, family physicians, pelvic floor therapists, nurse practitioners, continence nurses, and others seeking to guide families through treatment of enuresis, encopresis, and/or chronic constipation.
Among the Topics Covered:
• Multi-M.O.P.: The most aggressive, successful regimen
• Preventing relapse with a slower enema and taper and increased use of stimulant laxatives
• Evaluating KUB x-rays with accuracy
• Autism and accidents: diagnostic and treatment insights
• A report on bladder Botox
• Getting patients off the Miralax “Merry Go-Round”